Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pan Fried Goat Cheese Salad


We had friends over again tonight, this time Dave a Kiwi friend of ours and his girlfriend Caroline. I didnt have much time tonight as Andy and I wanted to squeeze in one of our crazy-fast workouts and I was tired (and attempting to even go out after) so we wanted to make something simple. Andy and I ate this salad at the Bice restaurant here at Hilton, Dubai and I decided I could make it. The goat cheese is so savoury that I think you can just serve a slice shared between two people (dont slice it too thin or else the cheese melts).

Luckily Caroline loved goat cheese and Dave, well he likes to eat anything!

We also served some veggie burgers, but that was easy because we just bought Amy's veggie burgers with spinach leaves and sundried tomatoes.

Orange Vinaigrette
1 shallot, chopped and sauted in 1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup orange juice, bring to a boil until stick - then mix with
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp vinegar (I use brown rice vinegar)

Pan Fried Goat Cheese
* coat sliced goat cheese logs in whole wheat flour (about 1/3 inch in thickness)
* then dip in egg (beaten + 1tbbsp water) - then finally dip into this mixture
* mix 1/3 cup finely grounded almonds + 1/3 cup bread crumbs + 1/2tsp salt and pepper

Place over salad greens (I like spinach leaves), cherry tomatoes, strawberries and salt and pepper!
The other photo is sundried tomatoes and feta cheese scrambled eggs - Andy cooked this for breakkie and it was so yummy! No recipe required, just beat some eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper then mix in feta cheese and sundried tomatoes! yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Inked. Cupcakemaker

My photo
Dubai, UAE
A marketeer, yoga enthusiast, with a penchant for baking, skateboarding and thinking of adding 1 more to her 4 tattoos. I was in Thailand 3 1/2 years ago when the baking bug got to me, for a long stretch (aided by insomnia) I would invent and bake cookies and cupcakes for friends. Most of my baked goodies I could only eat sparingly as I was wary of it being too unhealthy - so the baking stopped. I have recently turned vegetarian and realized that healthy food can be super yummy...why not baking? There are loads of inspiring journalling from friends (love Lyan's blogs on cooking and Shane's) that I was inspired to journal my own! So here's to an exploration of healthy sweet treats you and I can enjoy...guilt-free!