Saturday, July 25, 2009

Artichoke Pesto Bagel


We like eating in this restaurant called CIRCLES in Dubai. The selling point of it is that it serves dough made in NYC for their bagels. The concoctions are yummy but I figured I could make them - so we ordered some frozen bagels and took them home. Mabel came over tonight and I made some Pesto inspired bagels...basil was so expensive in the store I ended up just buying the ready made ones and mixed the artichokes.

I also pan roasted some chicken breasts marinated with olive oil, mustard and soy sauce for 'Mabel and Andy's bagels. For me, I just put greens and some sliced artichokes on top and just ate half a bagel because it gets too heavy - you can save the top for another meal. We ended dinner with some natural yogurt mixed with some honey, bananas and strawberries .which I froze about 2 hours before dinner. I topped it with brown molasses, a crushed walnut. Yummy!

Pesto Artichoke Spread
1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
12 cup pesto sauce
* mix, add salt and pepper to taste
* spread 2 tbsp of the pesto artichoke spread on bottom bagel
* Slice pan fried chicken, put on top, add cheese if needed
* Serve with any type of bagel (I served it with sundried tomato-bagels)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Inked. Cupcakemaker

My photo
Dubai, UAE
A marketeer, yoga enthusiast, with a penchant for baking, skateboarding and thinking of adding 1 more to her 4 tattoos. I was in Thailand 3 1/2 years ago when the baking bug got to me, for a long stretch (aided by insomnia) I would invent and bake cookies and cupcakes for friends. Most of my baked goodies I could only eat sparingly as I was wary of it being too unhealthy - so the baking stopped. I have recently turned vegetarian and realized that healthy food can be super yummy...why not baking? There are loads of inspiring journalling from friends (love Lyan's blogs on cooking and Shane's) that I was inspired to journal my own! So here's to an exploration of healthy sweet treats you and I can enjoy...guilt-free!