Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baked Spinach!




I havent been cooking as much lately, since I was out in Delhi for 5 days, back to Dubai and travelling again. After that I get a stomach flu and am down for 2 days. I was inspired to cook when I got better - Andy still got hungry after eating the baked spinach (it was a little bit light) but enjoyed on another dinner (when Simon was over) the tofu steak with teriyaki sauce.

Not posting the baked spinach recipe because it was too light and not enough for a meal. What I will post though is the salad I invented - "Blanched Potato and string bean salad" I accidentally half cooked the potato (the outer was fully cooked and soft, the inner core was still hard)

Ive been reading this book called "The Tao of Health, Sex and happiness" which talks about a variety of things related to Tao philoshopy - one part has an intensive explanation on nutrition and the value of eating things raw. So this partly cooked salad is cooked just right so its not too hard to eat, but retaining all its nutritional values!

Blanched Potato and string bean salad
* 1 red skinned potatoe (bring water to a boil and wait 10 min until potato is 1/2 cooked)
* 2 cups thin string beans, cooked for about 1-2 mins, then washed with cold water
* chopped green onions to sprinkle
* Dressing, mix:
1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp finely chopped sun dried tomatoes +
1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp kikoman, 1 tsp brown rice vinegar




No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Inked. Cupcakemaker

My photo
Dubai, UAE
A marketeer, yoga enthusiast, with a penchant for baking, skateboarding and thinking of adding 1 more to her 4 tattoos. I was in Thailand 3 1/2 years ago when the baking bug got to me, for a long stretch (aided by insomnia) I would invent and bake cookies and cupcakes for friends. Most of my baked goodies I could only eat sparingly as I was wary of it being too unhealthy - so the baking stopped. I have recently turned vegetarian and realized that healthy food can be super yummy...why not baking? There are loads of inspiring journalling from friends (love Lyan's blogs on cooking and Shane's) that I was inspired to journal my own! So here's to an exploration of healthy sweet treats you and I can enjoy...guilt-free!