Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cookie-Dough Chocolate Chip Cookies


Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip cookies & musings about androgynous dressing

I love cookies! For a time I kept on baking them back in Bangkok but never really ate them, giving them away to friends because of fear of being fat. Today I still wont eat a full cookie, but I can eat atleast 1/2 without the guilt - it's a wonder how growing old helps you forget about meaningless numbers like height, weight, age, salary. It's a wonder as well how a partner in life who genuinely appreciates you for more than just your looks can help normalize abnormal habits and beahviours. Andy often teases me that 1/2 of the reason of why he married me was because I was hot - ofcourse it is a joke as I truly do not think I am...the other 1/2 is because I am crazy, artsy-fartsy and a good cook. He also says I do not have a mean bone in my body...maybe that is why my cooking is so sweet!

In life - really you can have your cookie, and eat it too!

The secret to making a really good cookie are 3 things!

1 under cook it, 6mins only instead of the usual 8min;

2 Make BIG balls 1/inch in diameter, they make the cookies fat and moist inside; and

3 Once you make the dough, refrigrate, I dont know why but it makes it chewier

I made these tonight during our barbecue for a friend leaving for NZ - no one wanted to bring home the cookies because they were too yummy!!!!
Ingredients
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips

* combine sugars, vanulla, eggs and softened butter (I melt this in a pan)
* combine APF (I use whole wheat), salt, baking soda and salt
* FOLD in the wet inside the dry
* Refrigirate for 30 mins!!!
I am currently in love with all the fashion I am seeing in http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ aaaahh, love, love , love. All the androgynous dressing and male shoes make me love my Oxford Steve Maddens and Boyfriend Jeans even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Inked. Cupcakemaker

My photo
Dubai, UAE
A marketeer, yoga enthusiast, with a penchant for baking, skateboarding and thinking of adding 1 more to her 4 tattoos. I was in Thailand 3 1/2 years ago when the baking bug got to me, for a long stretch (aided by insomnia) I would invent and bake cookies and cupcakes for friends. Most of my baked goodies I could only eat sparingly as I was wary of it being too unhealthy - so the baking stopped. I have recently turned vegetarian and realized that healthy food can be super yummy...why not baking? There are loads of inspiring journalling from friends (love Lyan's blogs on cooking and Shane's) that I was inspired to journal my own! So here's to an exploration of healthy sweet treats you and I can enjoy...guilt-free!