Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Carrot Zucchini Cupcakes

















Inspired by numerous friends who have been journalling their forays into cooking...and a sucker for social networking, I have decided to re-create my own! I started blogging my cupcakes creations but stopped. Tonight, while having a funny tummy (probably a stomach flu) and a little bit tired from eating frozen vegeterian meals from Amy's (although they are good) I took a shot at baking and making dinner that I could enjoy...guilt free!



The mushrooms with the tangy mirin-soysauce combination was good - the bigger the mushrooms and the longer you roast it...the better. The Zucchini Pie was also better than some I tasted because of the chewiness of the quinoa.


The WINNER though was the Carrot-Zuchinni cupcakes! Some people would doubt it would be good (no butter and zuchinni?) but the zuchinni and apple sauce combination actually made it so moist. I think people would a super sweet tooth would like it better with icing (cream cheese mixed with sugar and lime) but that is a little bit too much for me!

Dinner
Baked Quinoa-Pesto-Zuchinni Pie
(a variation from Elise's French Tart and Shane's Vegetarian Salmon Pie)
* 4 tbsps pesto sauce
* 1/2 cup soy milk
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup quinoa
* 1 cup mozarella
* 1/8 tsp sea salt
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 1 cup zuchinni sliced thinly
COOK FOR 40MINS at 200C
Serve with on the side: Roasted portabello mushrooms for 2 1/2 hours on the side (sprinkled olive oil, mirin and kikoman)!

Dessert
Carrot-Zuchinni Cupcakes with Walnuts (no butter!)
Mix wet ingredients:
* 1 cup soy milk
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup raw sugar (brown)
* 1 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
* 1 cup canola or sunflower oil


Fold in dry ingredients (Pre-mix together)
* 3 cups whole wheat flour
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 3/4 tsp sea salt
* 2 tsp cinnamon powder
* 2 cups grated carrots
* 2 cups grated zucchinni
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
Oil cupcakes pans, cook for 18 mins in 200 C














No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet the Inked. Cupcakemaker

My photo
Dubai, UAE
A marketeer, yoga enthusiast, with a penchant for baking, skateboarding and thinking of adding 1 more to her 4 tattoos. I was in Thailand 3 1/2 years ago when the baking bug got to me, for a long stretch (aided by insomnia) I would invent and bake cookies and cupcakes for friends. Most of my baked goodies I could only eat sparingly as I was wary of it being too unhealthy - so the baking stopped. I have recently turned vegetarian and realized that healthy food can be super yummy...why not baking? There are loads of inspiring journalling from friends (love Lyan's blogs on cooking and Shane's) that I was inspired to journal my own! So here's to an exploration of healthy sweet treats you and I can enjoy...guilt-free!